Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Cross-Post Fever

What's all this I hear about someone going to one blog, writing an essay, and then posting the exact same essay on another blog? That's just wrong. You write a post, who cares if you write the same one? People in this day and age don't care about that kind of plagiarism. They have no morals. Not like myself. I'm a fully licensed hipocrite. I have the legal backing to backpedal on anything I say or do, because I'm always right. Unless it turns out I was wrong, in which case I never meant anything that I said.

Not many people would have a problem with something like that. I mean, in this day and age, with supercomputers that compute the largest prime numbers, do we really have time to quarrel over the simple things in life? Prime numbers are far more important than the hurt feelings that result from a heated argument. Wounded pride? More like wounded knee. That was a battle, wasn't it? Yes, it was a battle in the late 19th century between the settlers and the indigenous people of the American west. Why did the settlers so despise the ghost dance? It wasn't anything of great import. It was a formality, really. You don't go into a gas station and say, "Why aren't you dancing?" See? It just doesn't look good, forcing people to dance. That's why it wasn't a constitutional requirement.

But what constitutes a constitutional requirement? I know. You know how, in the backs of books, there exists indicies? Yes, indicies. The plural of index. I like words that sound like that, ending in the letter "X" and whatnot. Is whatnot even a word?! But getting back to the indicies, they contain references to various parts of the book. Even have page numbers! What more could the avid reader hope for? Someone to hold their hand while they read? I can't imagine a more pathetic person. That's why I think books are bad for you. Especially if you regularly read in the dark. That's just bad for your eyes.

9 broke it down:

Blogger Polyman2 verbatim:

Like I just said on the prevous 5 sites I just visited-
What's all this woop-tee-doo about repeating yourself?
Whats all this woop-tee-doo about repeating yourself?
...and wasn't that old battle in wounded high-knee?
..and what's up with my penis?

Questions, questions, questions...
I just though you might have some answers.
PS, Burn all books!

3/22/2006 3:03 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

Woop tee do doesn't pay the bills. I should know, I pay bills every day of my life. All kinds of bills. Billboards, bills of writ, playbills. You can never have enought playbills.

3/22/2006 3:25 PM  
Blogger Elmo verbatim:

What...sorry, I'm really into this book, I wasn't listening. It's all about how to get through life without reading.

3/22/2006 5:40 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

Readin' is like pleadin' for the kneedin' of the dough.

Getting is betting the netting is sweating. Taking is faster, because it involves the acquisition of hazardous waste.

3/22/2006 7:14 PM  
Blogger concerned citizen verbatim:

You crazy nut! Don't you realize the seriousness of the blogger debate, & whatnot? A formality!@# For shame!
You are dead to me!

I say, "WE have nothing to fear, BUT, fear itself." & you can quote me.

3/23/2006 12:50 AM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

I realize nothing! Other than the fact that Edmonde must have gotten to you. Why else would you accuse me, the loveable little imp, of any impropriety? Edmonde, is there anyone you can't corrupt?!

3/23/2006 9:10 AM  
Blogger Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator verbatim:

You'll never take my gist! I have it safely tucked away right over -- hey! Where'd it go?

3/23/2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger Polyman2 verbatim:

2B or not 2B?
I think
it's a grade of pencil.

3/23/2006 7:19 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

The Gist is never certain. You must look deep within yourself before jumping to such drastic conclusions.

3/23/2006 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Give More Gist