Friday, February 24, 2006

I Lie In Wait

Sitting next to this wall, I'm constantly reminded of the loss of my dear horoscope. Why didn't I clip it out? That paper that it was in, I knew it was wrong. I knew from the date. It said the year was 2003. But that was a long time ago. Longer then is now. But all I remember was peering out from behind the molding on my bedroom door, and seeing this hulking figure ripping the horoscope out of the tabloids. How frightened I was! Bigfoot only comes by after 7 at night, and this was 6 in the morning, so although it was still technically after 7 at night, I still had my doubts that it was Bigfoot.

After all, Bigfoot always leaves behind a couple of bucks if he breaks anything. This guy just tore my horoscope out and ran off into the woods. I didn't get a good look at him, but I think he kind of looked like he was from Kentucky. He had "Kentucky Legs." Don't ask. But why would this guy from Kentucky steal a page out of my paper? I don't think it was just for the horoscope. The other side of the page was full of KFC coupons. And so I put two and two together: a guy from Kentucky steals Kentucky Fried Chicken coupons. It all made sense.

The guy was so totally homesick for his native Kentucky that he wanted to eat a big ol' bucket of chicken. But being from Kentucky, he didn't speak blogtopian. That's the language I speak. Blogtopian. So like any Kentuckian, he ripped out my horoscope along with his ill-gotten coupons. I didn't really want the coupons but- who am I kidding?! The Taker of Gist loves fried chicken! So if that guy ever reads this, give me back my horoscope and my coupons. And that's about the Gist of what I wanted to say.

7 broke it down:

Blogger wallycrawler verbatim:

I used to work at KFC . So if I see a large legged Kentuckian I'll tackle him , I'll ripe that horeoscope away from him and beat him about the legs ! I hate Kentucky and it's fuck'n chicken so ya can have the coupon back . Now if it was a Arby's coupon you'd be out'a luck pal !

2/24/2006 2:20 PM  
Blogger jungle jane verbatim:

Gist you can have my horoscope - i have a spare one lying about from last November. I am not sure if you are a Leo or not, but you are welcome to use my birthday too if it helps?

2/24/2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

Arby's doesn't have coupons, since they exist outside of space and time. It's very metaphysical that way, but I think it all works out for the best.

You know what the funny thing about birthdays are? There's gotta be about 365 of them a year; one for each day, an extra day on leap years. I've got a big problem with the leap years.

2/25/2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger Rick Anonymi verbatim:

Edmonde offered me a tidy sum to rat you out to the feds. They've already got a substantial file on you, Taker.

Play your cards right, and I might get you placed on the train to smartsville.

Mess with me, and I'll have Edmonde and his twin brother sent to your Gist mill with a platoon of ferderal marshals. Get ready for the bullet bus to Plaid City, pally. Plaid City.

2/25/2006 9:11 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

Edmonde is as evil as he is crafty. It'll take more than the likes of him to bring down the Gist-industrial complex.

Do you have any more pop tarts? I hate Edmonde, but he always gives me pop tarts. That guy is so cool. But I hate him so much. Curse your eyes, Edmonde!

2/25/2006 11:18 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo verbatim:



Gist got beat up by Spiderman!


2/26/2006 4:22 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

This just keeps happening to me. I keep trying to get out of the line of fire, but the people who love KFC just keep pulling me back into the fray. I just want to let it go, but the Colonel (Sanders, not Chickenpox) just makes that gravy so well.

So well? Farewell. Well springs. Poland springs. Now, that's a tasty water bottle!

2/26/2006 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Give More Gist