Friday, March 24, 2006

Kitty Litter Reborn

So how many pounds of kitty litter does it take to rule the world? I only ask because about a ton of it fell out of the sky and onto my car. Seriously, why would a ton of kitty litter fall from the sky? Who would believe me? All I was doing was minding my own business, which is a nice change of pace. So there I was. It was the middle of July. The sun was shining and it was raining cats and dogs. And kitty litter. Also, this guy parked next to me got hit in the head by a flying mailbox. Not the kind that you have outside your house that they put letters in, but the big kind they have outside post offices. This guy was just standing there, and a huge mailbox just knocks him over. He was all, like, "Help! Help me! Stop taking pictures!"

Because the whole time he was getting knocked over by that mailbox, I was busy pulling out my digital camera and taking pictures of his misery. What? Should I have helped him? Do I look like the miracle worker to you people?! I'm the Taker of Gist! It is not in any way, shape, or form, my duty to provide for the populace. I pay taxes for that kind of thing. And if you end up short in the lottery of life, well, you should just sit down and try your luck again. It's a little thing I like to call "reincarnation." Maybe you've heard of it?

So there I was, taking pictures of this guy under a mailbox. And there he was, screaming for help. That's when I started getting angry. I started to remember all the times I had been trapped under a mailbox, screaming in vain for help. Why should this guy I don't even know get help, when nobody would brave the winds to rescue me after I was pinned beneath an ice cream truck back in the 18th century? It's not like it was that heavy to lift. This was the 18th century! They didn't even bathe! I mean, what kind of society lets you get all trapped under the wheels of a machine that hasn't been invented yet?! I ask you. Anyway, turns out that guy was a robot with no soul, so it's a good thing I didn't save him. The fool.

10 broke it down:

Blogger GrasshopperBoy verbatim:

cud u plz post some pics of the incident...esp. the mail box...one of them from around these parts is missing

3/24/2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

Yes, I could post the pictures, but then no one would learn from the mistakes the weather made this time. A swirling vortex? Overrated! It's time the clouds got what's coming to them!

3/24/2006 4:35 PM  
Blogger Metapirate verbatim:

Yarrrrr! I've got kitty litter on me deck!

3/24/2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo verbatim:



Sorry. Went to clean up So-So's mess when a whole bag of the litter fell onto some idiots car. I looked down and saw a big orange blob flipping me off...or atleast he was trying too...he had no fingers.

I stood there from above laughing at him. If I'd have known it was you I probably would have...well probably wouldn't have changed anything.

3/24/2006 5:59 PM  
Blogger wallycrawler verbatim:

Gist do you believe in irony ? Cause I just cleaned up some kitty liter . What's really funny though is I don't have a cat . Isn't that ironic , don't ya think ?

3/24/2006 6:45 PM  
Blogger jin verbatim:

lol
Great writing.
New Age Twilight Zone.

3/24/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger Elmo verbatim:

Kitty Litter?!?! I'm stuck in the worst situation of my life and your telling tales of kitty litter, reincarnation, ice cream trucks and soulless robots!!!!

Get control of yourself man, the gist is needed in the field!

3/25/2006 12:08 AM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

Gist is the only way to prevent future kitty litter outages across America. We at the Gistological Institute hold this as a standard.

3/25/2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger SafeTinspector verbatim:

I would help you with your mailbox issue. I carry a torch for just such an occasion.

3/25/2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

Torches will be useless once the mailboxes take over! That's why we need to locate their mothership now, before they have the chance to strike!

3/25/2006 4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Give More Gist