Thursday, April 06, 2006

Night Of The Sunbeams

I awoke with a start. Someone was downstairs, messing with my stereo. Who would break into my house just to mess with my stereo? Why not just take it? Then it all became clear to me. My worst foe must be trying to plant wire taps on my stereo! But who was my worst foe? Could it be Edmonde, that foolish Gist mill worker who I dispise so much? No, couldn't be. He was in Canada this week, on a conference call. Then I began to think back on all the times Colonel Chickenpox took me to the zoo as a child. There was always that one hideous creature who hated me, the koala bear.

And sure enough, as soon as I lumbered down the stairs, a whole family of koala bears scattered off into the night. Nothing burns my biscuits more than koala bears. They've always hated me, ever since that time back at the zoo when I refused to turn over my popcorn. But now, to bug my phones? I only have one landline, and I can't stand to lose it. It's my window to the world! So I worked up the courage to go all the way to the koala's homeland, Australia. I flew all the way to Canberra, where I demanded an audience with the Prime Minister. He and I go way back. I helped him move.

So I was bustin' some rhymes with the Prime Minister of Australia, and I was all, "So you're in your third term. How's that working out?" And he was all, "Don't talk about that now. It's after six o'clock, I don't have to worry about all that. Besides, I'm on my fouth term." That got my boiling under the coller. "John, I'm about to lose my mind! Give me one reason I shouldn't tell your mom you've been stealing bicycles!" But he apologized, so I left it at that and we just spent the night jamming. Then I told him about my little koala problem, and he gave me some anti-Eucalyptus juice. "Just pour it around your property," he shouted between the drum-beats, "and you'll never see another koala bear! Trust me, I hate them just as much as you do!" And from that day on, I never saw another marsupial.

10 broke it down:

Blogger Bathroom Hippo verbatim:



Maybe you ought to lock your doors...


Or close them?

4/06/2006 11:00 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

I can't win with those people. They live in trees and act like koalas! Wait, I'm thinking of koalas. I hate them so much, ever since they stole my bicycle when I was just a wee lad.

Besides, once I close my doors, they'll just come back to life.

4/06/2006 11:02 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo verbatim:



Maybe it's because...

you look like a marshmellow?

4/07/2006 12:40 AM  
Blogger Gyrobo verbatim:

I'll have you know that I spoke with the Prime Minister of Australia this morning. He had no idea who you were, and furthermore, he said he loves koalas.

4/07/2006 11:16 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

You lie! John and I have been compatriots ever since I morphed into his time period! Any conjecture to the contrary flies in the face of common sense!

4/07/2006 11:37 PM  
Blogger Alcuin Bramerton verbatim:

Koala bears should be purry rather than furry. And it would help if they had a better grasp of myth signifiers.

4/08/2006 1:47 AM  
Blogger wallycrawler verbatim:

I watched in horror as a Koala bear riped off the arm a small child at the "Central Park Zoo" and began gnawing on it ! Then I realized it wasn't a Koala it was Matt LeBlanc , ya know "Joey" from "Friends" ! Then I thought it was OK then .

4/08/2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

A furry koala bear is basically a shaven dog with no teeth. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Matt LeBlanc is always attacking koala bears. It seems only natural that he has an affinity for them. Kudos.

4/08/2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo verbatim:



Matt LeBlanc must be stopped.

Dun dun dun.

*camera zooms in, and pans away*

4/09/2006 5:01 AM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

Enough of this tomfoolery! The Orbs have spaketh!

4/09/2006 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Give More Gist