Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Walking The Dog

I love walking dogs. I've told you this before, haven't I? Every day of my life involves walking dogs from Slyvester Avenue to Voldemort Boulevard. They called me "Mr. Scooper" because I was always cleaning up after those two mongrels. It never would have occured to any of those fools that I was walking those dogs involuntarily. But sadly I never had the option of not being a dog walker. Back when I was a mere lad of seven, my father looked me straight in the eyes and told me, "Son, I know that I'm a corporate tycoon and we've got millions for your education, but I want you to grow up and be a professional dog walker."

And ever since that day I've thought of nothing but walking dogs. Oh, how I love dogs! Terriers, spaniels, beagals. Bagels! Hot bagels with cream cheese on them! Sure they're not dogs, but they taste delicious. I should know; back in high school, I was captain of the Taste Testing Team. The TTT as it was known was founded back in the days before formal atire became the norm in acedemia. I distinctly remember receiving an inquiry into my taste testing abilities before they would let me anywhere near their reactor. Never before have I felt so insulted.

The captain of the TTT was none other than Edmonde (of course), and it was all his fault that I was rejected as an applicant. How I loathe you, Edmonde! Even back in high school, the fool was thwarting my plans. Just look at your own record, Edmonde. Back in 9th grade, Edmonde poured a bowl of shaving cream onto our teacher's desk and blamed me. Then he ran over the principal's dog and also blamed me; dispair. I was forced to walk the flattened dog for many a year, which is where I got my acquired taste for walking dogs. And I distinctly remember velvet.

7 broke it down:

Blogger jungle jane verbatim:

How about hot dogs? Do dog walkers eat them regularly? Or would that be a bit like taking a bite out of your child covered in tomato sauce?

5/04/2006 5:21 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

A puppy covered in tomato sauce is more like a delicious pie in the winter. Many dogs enjoy eating that, but not as much as bacon.

5/04/2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger Bathroom Hippo verbatim:



Chuck Norris now owns the rights to this blog.

You got Norrised!

5/04/2006 9:30 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

But... I thought we had a deal!

Edmonde, get Chuck on the phone! Yes, I know it's your day off. Doesn't mean you can just- what did you just say to me?! You insolent wretch! You're fired!

5/04/2006 9:52 PM  
Blogger flatlander verbatim:

I used to be a taste-tester...until I lost my tongue in a boating accident.

5/05/2006 8:43 PM  
Blogger jungle jane verbatim:

You haven't updated very much since your face turned green...

5/08/2006 11:51 PM  
Blogger The Taker of Gist verbatim:

Just biding my time until the heat blows over. Like when I was made emperor of the moon, and had to abdicate my throne after I was connected to some lobbyists of ill repute.

5/09/2006 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Give More Gist